Sunday 20 April 2014

The Pursuit: We have IVY!

This is just a quick post to say that I'm blown away by this free software which real-time grows ivy over any obj object imported into it. It is created by Thomas Luft, and here is the link where you can download it for free along with tutorials on how to use it:

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/

Although I really want to let it grow everywhere over my scene, I realise that this is unrealistic for backstreet alleys and have therefore kept it to the first alley where the creature appears from. This keeps the ivy to one shot and also adds a wild visual to the introduction of the animal before the chase begins.



Although the door on the left still needs a texture adding to it, this shot is finished unless there is further time to add more detail. However, because I am having to tweek 20+ shots in such small space of time, I need to force myself to move on to ensure consistancy of quality in the film as far as the environment is concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment